Saturday 25 September 2010

Welcome Home!

Hello dear friends,

For those of you who have been following me on Londonboatlife ~ prepare for something totally different! If you're just joining me ~ hello, here's an account of our new life in the country, a lot has happened in the last month and I shall endeavour to update and regail you with all the fabulous stories that unfold!

I change the names of people I write about to retain their anonymity, it's also quite good fun doing that!! My name is a nick-name I acquired a few years ago and it's stuck. It's taken me this long to think of another blog name, I thought I couldn't really carry on with Londonboatlife, not living on a boat in london anymore. Last night just before falling into bed exhausted after a long day, it came to me ~ Country Mumkins! Combining the Mummy aspect, with the country and the endearing tendency for everyone on Jam's side to add 'kins' after our names ~ when Rowan (his real name!) was still in my tummy, we called him Squirrel, and we had the inevitable 'nutkins', which I really didn't like!! Ha ha! 'It's Squirrel not nutkins!!' Honestly!


So here we go ~ waking up to the sound of the cockerels in the neighbour's chicken run - aptly named 'Peckington Palace'!! That was Derek's first comment to us when we arrived ~ 'here look, you come from London, look, Buckingham palace you know well, now meet Peckington Palace! See, eh, what do you think?' Great Derek, great, let's try your eggs! Ooh and we do, and they're lovely and yellow, and half the price as in London!!

2 comments: