Monday 1 November 2010

Halloween

This is the first year in ages that nothing much happened on Halloween.  No fancy dress party where we get madly dressed up and trek around London to as many parties as possible! (An example of our dressing up escapades can be read and seen here )  It felt quite strange, spooky in fact!  We just had a quiet night in, as is the norm around here, in bed by midnight and not a single knock on the door from a trick or treater.  We didn't even carve the pumpkin, we chopped it in half and roasted it instead.  Yummy. 

Next year will be different though.  Next year, little Rowan will not be so little and we will be a bit more mobile and we will go to the ball!  So we have a whole year to try and come up with an even more exciting costume idea than the one we had last year.  Deep down, I was quite relieved not to be doing it this year.  It must be old age, lack of fun, dead brain cells or something happening in there to make the spark go out, but it always took me a while to get into the whole idea of dressing up scarily.  It was always fun once there, but took a bit of effort!  Maybe with a sabbatical rest from the whole dressing up, fresh ideas and a renewed lust for it will appear. 

Perhaps that is the way forward, have a rest from doing something (like working) and when you go back to it you will have a renewed energy and spark.  I sincerely hope so, I have no idea what I am going to do and how I am going to focus on it...

One small step at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh sis, I must be old and have no brain cells as I have never dressed up for Halloween! Eeeek! I just don't get it! Think I am clearly the only person in the world. If it's any consolation, I was snuggled up in bed reading a book with a cup of tea on Halloween. Going to pick up my false teeth and bus pass tomorrow! haha! x x x

    ReplyDelete