Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Wallpaper Strip - part 1

Did I mention that we are living in Jam's grandad's house, complete with all of its idiosyncrasies and amazing wallpaper selections in each room?  I'm going to slowly take you on a psychadelic journey through time and our cottage.  It may make you slightly giddy if I rush through it all in one post, so I shall draw out the pleasure, room by room.  If we play our cards right and keep the cottage, I'm planning on keeping the wallpaper, perhaps not whole walls of it, but definitely a framed picture's worth of each strip!

Here goes -

The entrance porch.  This little room houses our large pram, coats and wellies and a large wooden trolley of wood for burning.  It was quite difficult to photograph with the right light, but I think you'll get the idea.  There's a lovely window with a rather sorry looking spider plant, in it's old style, original to the house, plant pot.  This is Jam's favourite wallpaper, although he wouldn't want it in the living room.  I think it has that certain man quality to it...




6 comments:

  1. I love the porthole, it's great! Loving the weekly theme too. Will have a think about some tantrum themes! : - )) x x x x x x x x xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wallpaper. Please don't take it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Did you have a look at Farrow & Ball recently? It's not that different after all... Love the ideas of framing parts of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait till you see the rest of it! Farrow & Ball eat your heart out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep that wallpaper there... its so epic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - the thought of making wallpaper work with that cute oval window is doing my head in.

    ReplyDelete