Tuesday 5 February 2013

Snowdrop Valley

As the name suggests, it is indeed a valley of snowdrops.  Jam decided he was going to surprise me and take me there, although he shouldn't have downloaded the info onto my phone if he didn't want to spoil the surprise!

So we arrived at the carpark where you leave your car and take a bus down a very steep hill into the valley...

That was as far as I got with this post around this time last year! Shame I didn't finish it, but I can still remember how beautiful it was to be surrounded by a blanket of snowdrops, so deep in the valley. In fact I think I shall have to take Jam and Rowan this year, as a surprise!

I will report back with photos and a proper tour guide sense of it all.  I wonder if it's the same ladies driving the bus, trying not to spill their coffees, chattering away and will there be a few bargains to grab from the stalls in the village hall opposite where we stopped for a cuppa afterwards?  I know, the suspense is too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment